How Can We Help?
This “scrit” will create a new SCHEDULED TASK:
- Click START and type TASK and then click on TASK SCHEDULER
- Right click on TASK SCHEDULER LIBRARY and select CREATE NEW BASIC TASK
- Type a name like UPDATE DEFENDER, and click the NEXT button
- Leave the TRIGGER setting to DAILY, and click the NEXT button
- Leave the DAILY setting to RECUR EVERY 1 DAYS, and click the NEXT button
- Leave the ACTION on START A PROGRAM, and click the NEXT button
- In the PROGRAM/SCRIPT field enter: “C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe” (the quotes ARE required)
- In the ADD ARGUMENTS enter -SignatureUpdate (no quotes), and click the NEXT button
- Click the FINISH button to complete the task
- Double click on the task and select from the GENERAL TAB, select RUN WHETHER USER IS LOGGED IN OR NOT, click OK and enter the password for your account. If this option is grayed out, see #11 below.
- You may need to click on “Properties” to the right, with the script you wrote selected, then do #10 above.
Note that you can change the schedule of this task to more than once a day (or less I suppose) by double clicking on it and selecting the TRIGGERS tab.